If you’ve ever had a mysterious problem with the formatting of a WordPress post or were unable to update a complex page in your CMS because you didn’t understand the HTML used to markup the page, then this workshop will be a big help. We’ll go over the basics of HTML including:
- What HTML is and where it came from
- The correct syntax for writing HTML
- How to add special characters
- Structure of an HTML document
- Validating the code you’ve written
- Introduction to web standards
After this workshop you’ll be able to understand basic HTML documents and edit and troubleshoot without fear.
This is a hands-on workshop, so feel free to bring a laptop or netbook to follow along as we create and validate a basic HTML document. A computer is not a requirement – just helpful to have.
Light refreshments will be served.